Things to do around the campsite and Chemillé
Looking for a holiday rental or a camping pitch near Chemillé? The Coulvée campsite is the perfect place to stay and visit the region.
About 40 minutes away from Chemillé-en-Anjou, you’ll find yourself in the Saumurois area, the ideal location to discover the local cuisine, wonderful landscapes, architectural heritage, and small villages of the region.
Things you shouldn’t miss:
- In this part of the Loire Anjou Touraine natural park, the Loire Valley is still ecologically intact and offers a wide range of fun and educational activities such as swimming, kayaking, boat riding, wildlife viewing, etc.
- If you’re into horse-riding or just like horses, don’t miss the exceptional demonstration by the elite equerries and best horse-riding athletes of the Cadre Noir, the French national horse-riding school in Saumur.
- Amongst the many historical sites of the region, we recommend you visit the Fontevraud Abbey. Funded in the 17th century by Robert of Arbrissel, it serves as a necropolis for the members of the House of Plantagenet, among which the late Eleanor of Aquitaine and Richard the Lionheart.
- Visit the troglodyte caves to discover this secret underground world that used to serve as housing and is now used to cater, accommodate and entertain visitors in an unusual setting.
- Have a sip of the fine wine known by the appellation of Saumur Champigny and learn all about the new generation of nationally-famous winemakers, as well as some of the greatest sparkling wine producers: Bouvet Ladubay, Ackerman, Grenelle…