40 minutes away from Chemillé-en-Anjou, the Saumur region is an iconic destination, with intoxicating nature, generous terroir, exceptional architectural heritage and typical villages.
Here are some of the most popular sites:
- The Loire Valley, which is preserved in this part of the Loire Anjou Touraine regional natural park, with various fun and educational activities, such as bathing, canoe-kayaking, canal transport, and observing plant and animal life.
- Whether you’re a horse riding enthusiast or simply an admirer, enjoy an exceptional weekend in Saumur attending a gala at the Cadre Noir, the prestigious French horse riding school.
- Among the many famous heritage sites in the area, we recommend the Royal Abbey of Fontevraud, founded in the 12th century by Robert d’Arbrissel. As the necropolis of the Plantagenet dynasty, it houses the funeral statues of Eleanor of Aquitaine and Richard the Lionheart.
- The troglodyte caves are a local curiosity and offer a total immersion in the secret underground world that is today home to places to visit, restaurants and unusual accommodation.
- Don’t miss out on the refined Saumur Champigny appellation of wines and the new generation of vignerons, who perpetuate its famous reputation throughout France and beyond, not forgetting the prestigious Saumur sparkling wine houses.
Around Puy du fou